New Look 6734.
Well, it's not a wadder, but I'm not totally happy with it, either. Much of my unhappiness stems from the flimsy spandex I was working with. It's a lightweight 4-way stretch that I had left over from another project that would be better suited for underwear, than outerwear. This top really needs beefier material, than this. However, I was anxious to get it done and sent to my daughter before track season began, it'll be good for her to throw on at her meets.
Its a simple and basic jacket with a standup collar, a zipped front and two side seams. The pattern worked up nicely except for the collar. Even though I placed it on the grainlines as the pattern instructed, it still stretched and pulled just as if it had been cut on the bias. I just couldn't get it to lie flat. On the 4th try, I ended up just cutting a new collar out of some scraps of velvet and that solved the issues. By then, the neckline had been ripped out so often, it was much larger than it had started, so I sewed the collar on by hand to eased it all together.
I will indeed try this again. The pattern comes with a couple of topper versions, and they're really quick and easy. I plan on trying that jacket again, too. Here's a couple of pictures, sorry it's black and doesn't show up well, but you can see I used a color block on the sleeves with matching pocket linings. My dress form is too large for the garment, but I think you can get a good idea what it looks like. I think the zipper would behave better with a heavier weight fabric that can stand up to the heaviness of the zipper. (I did embroider the team mascot onthe sleeve).