Pages

Monday, November 10, 2014

Surprise! A sewing post.

High Chair Pad Remix...

Yes, we've been traveling for the last several weeks, and I haven't been sewing.  But, we did manage to make it home once in awhile in between trips.  One day we went to a yard sale and picked up a really nice highchair for our little grand, Wrenn.  The seat pad is in good shape, but has a water proofing sealant that is starting to flake.  So, thought that I'd make a removable cover for it.  It's been a bigger challenge than I thought it would be, but I've finally gotten the pattern made.

Original Seat Pad
Making the pieces fit
Close, now lets try it with some elastic around the edges...
This "prototype" pattern is cut from an old sheet.  My next step is to tear out all the stitching and use these pieces to cut out the cotton duck we bought at Ikea,. 

I'm hopeful that this will all work out when I sew the back to the front so it will stay on the pad.  Now that my traveling has ended for awhile, I'm going to drag out this unfinished project and finish it off this week. Hopefully, I'll have the end result, good or bad, to show you guys soon.

Sew, until next time......

                   ~~KAREN~~

3 comments:

  1. You are so darn creative!! No way could I figure out how to make a pattern like that. Amazing friend, is what you are!! Can't wait to see the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite a challenge you set yourself - but I know you'll do just fine!!

    ReplyDelete

Love Comments. Please share your thoughts.....