Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Nearly finished Tshirt Quilt


The next step is the layering.  I've gotten the blocks all sashed and sewn together, and many of my corners match perfectly -- Yay!   Today I finished up the borders and laid it out onto it's backing.  It looks like the back is bigger all around like it should be -- Yay, again!   Here it is all laid out on my bed.  

As I mentioned in the last posting, one of the blocks "shrunk" by 3/4" making it unusable, so I cut up that block and appliqued the pieces onto another block that I made from the back of another tee.  Here's how it looked being sewn up.

Now I've got to figure out how to bat it, then bind it.  My instructor has offered to help me with the final steps, so I'm going to take her up on that offer.  I have enough of the backing/slashing for binding, too.  I don't think I'm going to get it quilted because it's so expensive to have that done.  I've been told I can do this with my machine, but I'm dubious or maybe I'm just scared.  It's so unwieldy that I can't imagine wrestling it around my machine.  Right now, I'm planning on just using ties.

Anyway, I'm really pleased how its turned out so far. 

Read my latest posts!

2 comments:

  1. Your t-shirt quilt is looking great! Thanks so much for the compliment on my skirt and tute.

    Trudy
    www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I'm sure your daughter does too!

    ReplyDelete

Love Comments. Please share your thoughts.....